What's happening at Withinfields?
Year 2 Sandwich design - Year 2 have been busy designing and making sandwiches. They collected and presented data about favourite fillings and types of bread before designing their own healthy sandwich for Paddington Bear. They practised the skills of chopping, peeling, slicing and grating before independently making and testing their own sandwich design. Upon evaluation, some realised blueberries and cheese really don't go well together in a sandwich!
Year 6 Better Futures - The Y6 children spent Tuesday working with Michelle Hogan from Own Futures. They spent time thinking about possible careers and how to achieve their goals. The aim of the session was to ensure that our children finished their primary school career with high expectations for themselves as they move on. They provided some lovely feedback at the end of the session. These are some highlights:
What have you enjoyed about the day?
- I enjoyed doing something different- it makes you think what you want to do in the future
- I liked having a look at all the career choices
- I liked this lesson because it was really fun and we got to express ourselves
- I could actually share myself and what I want to do
- You learn more about yourself
- Now I know what to do in my job
- I have noticed that I have a lot of qualities that match my future job
- The tree made me realise I had a lot more qualities than I thought
- The skills line made me think I have some skills
- I enjoyed looking at the things I am good at rather than what I’m not
- Made me reflect on how good I actually am at things
What have you learnt?
- That we are going to have to do applications and it might be hard
- Need to include our skills and strengths in our applications
- All the different jobs that I didn’t know existed before
- That jobs I never knew existed, did exist
- We all have qualities
- That you can get any job if you put your mind to it
- A lot of jobs are going to die out over time
- Never give up on yourself
- If you are focusing on a job that isn’t likely to happen, have a back up plan
Any other comments?
- I’m glad that I have a new dream job
- I’m excited for my future
- This lesson makes me happy because it focuses more on your positives than the negatives
- It’s not all about the money
- Made me think of other jobs I could have
- The lesson made me realise that I can do my dream job
Wildlife Area time - Each year group has a timetabled session in the wildlife area each week. This is time to explore, have adventures and socialise with their peers following all the time spent in lockdown in the last year. Here are some photographs of the children enjoying their time in the wildlife area.
Intra-School Sports - As the children cannot compete against other schools at the moment, we have decided to hold our own competitive sports events with classes competing against each other during this summer term. The first week, each class chose a Boccia team to compete and the winning classes earned 10 points for their clan. Here are some photos from Y3 during the second week when classes chose a cricket team to compete.
Newsletters30th April 2021 - Book fair, Swimming, Intra-School Sports, Admissions
23rd April 2021 - Homework, Clubs, Parents' Evening and Plugging the Gaps Day
26th March 2021 - Easter events, General reminders, Parents' Evening, Extra-curricular activities
19th March 2021 - Comic Relief celebrations, Remote Education Quality Assurance, Children's Mental Health
12th March 2021 - Class photos, Comic Relief plans
5th March 2021 - PE Sports Photos, World Book Day, Reopening information
Reopening letter March 21
World Book Day Who's Behind the Book
World Book Day Ten Top Tips
World Book Day Share A Story Fact Sheet
World Book Day Blind Date Zoom
26th February 2021 World Book Day, Secondary Allocations, Reopening
12th February 2021 - PE competition, World Book Day preparation, Nursery Admissions
5th February 2021
29th January 2021
22nd January 2021
18th December 2020
8th January 2021
11th December 2020
4th December 2020